Thursday, October 1, 2009

Its Gonna Hurt...

Its not just going to hurt a little bit, its going to hurt a lot.... Saturday is the half marathon in Leavenworth. I haven't really run since I did my long run almost two weeks ago -- I got hit with a cold, the "zap all the energy out of you" kind of cold, which I'm just now recovering from. Awesome timing.

Oh well. Beers, brats, and a hoodie sweatshirt will hopefully be enticing enough... Oktoberfest here we come! Maybe someone will pay heed to my thumb out and pathetic look halfway through the course?! Failing that, I've loaded up my iPod with some really inspiring tunes. We'll see how inspiring they really are...

We will drive up after work tomorrow... Happy Weekend!


6 comments:

karen gerstenberger said...

I hope you have FUN, no matter how the run goes!

rebekah said...

It's not gonna hurt - it'll be great. Just a forced taper.

Have fun!

rebekah said...

Ok, let me rephrase. It might hurt. But that's allright. It'll still feel great.

Karla said...

That does sound painful...it also sounds like a blast! Hope you have nice weather for it.

Rosanne and Brian Carter said...

GO SHAUNA!!!!

hazel said...

I hope you had a good, if not great, run on Saturday!

The feeling and the bragging rights when it's all over are worth the pain.