Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ethiopian Courts are Open...

I cannot tell you how happy I am to know that the above statement is now officially a fact, and no longer just my hope. My heart skipped a beat today when I found out a family from my adoption agency actually passed court today -- its totally real. I have butterflies in my stomach and waves of anxiousness now... I just want to know when Maeve and I will officially become a family. I'm not a mess yet, but I'm tired of being patient. Its now been over two months since I saw her sweet little face, learned of who she was, and fell in love.... I'm sure she's just fine, and its me that has to hang in there...

Do you like my pity party? Whatev. I'm allowed every now and then.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Too exciting!!! Hope it all goes quickly and smoothly. :)

The B Family said...

Seems you should be one of the first in line for a court date. Praying we find out the dates soon (and that they will be here quickly!).

Eastiopians said...

Shoot girl, you are DEFINITELY allowed a pity party in this part of the wait. It is SO hard!!! I was soooo anxious and scared that something would happen. The joy and relief that came over me yesterday was amazing...and I slept SO well last night. I can't wait for you to get a court date and to PASS! I am still hoping that it happens VERY soon for you so we can travel together! So don't mess that up, k? (wink)

Theresa

Ethioguatemama said...

I'm right there with you girl! Going crazy waiting for a court date. I'll be praying for both of us to hear something soon! Make that a pity party of two!