Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gran's Visit...


A very anxious and impatient Gran came to visit this weekend and brought along Elin, a longtime family friend and neighbor. My mom has been chomping at the bit to come down and suss out the new digs and see Maeve's room, in person. Not surprisingly, she came armed with baby clothes and more giraffe friends. And, Elin has the gift of knitting so Maeve got two cozy blankets to cuddle up in. I think she's going to have to share though....

Because my mom is not taking the wait for Maeve well, we thought we'd give her a baby fix. Amy and I needed to go for a run to continue our preparation for the half marathon in a few weeks, so we left Bennett behind for some 'Gran and Grandma doting'.... I was almost surprised not to find Bennett dressed in pink and sitting in Maeve's crib when we got home. Ha. Kidding... sorta.

It was shopping mania this weekend... my mom is a professional shopper. I haven't inherited her genes as strongly as I think she'd like... but we powered through and found several "must haves" for Maeve. Don't get me wrong... I'm not an ungrateful receiver by any means, I just don't have the stamina! We rounded last night off with Ethiopian food, which was awesome as always.

Thank you Mom for your extreme generosity and excitement...


3 comments:

karengberger said...

It sounds like fun for ALL! I'm so happy for you and your extended family. XO

casskarj said...

What's your favorite Ethiopian restaurant in Seattle? We were there last week and wished we had searched before we had to go home. We'd love your expertise!

gayle said...

I must have inherited my sister's love for shopping, too. Auntie Gayle has a couple of things for Maeve, so I'll have to get a box started!