Sunday, August 16, 2009

In motion...




This is me making friends at the post office.

What I am holding in my hand is a folder of notarized paperwork indicating my acceptance of Maeve's referral. I was running around on Friday juggling work, making best friend status with our hospital's notary, making photocopies, and finally getting said documents to the post office in time to be couriered.... before taking off for "Epic Roadtrip to Jill & Matt's Wedding" that evening (next post).

What's next? These documents are needed to complete the stack of documents required to get Maeve and I our court date in Ethiopia. As with most things in the adoption process, I don't really know how long it will take before I find out when our court date is set -- likely, several weeks. So, I will continue to stare at my sweet girl's eyes in her photographs until I get to see them in person...

2 comments:

haze said...

I love that you took a picture at the post office. I believe there is no step too small to photograph or document in some way.

karengberger said...

YAHOO!