Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Giraffe's Galore...

When I first told my mom my plans to adopt, she was overcome with excitement. But, shortly thereafter frustration set in -- she realized that she couldn't fulfill her need to buy clothes for my baby because we didn't know how old Maeve would be. So, giraffe's were her outlet. Now, let me explain a little... My nieces Taryn and Kate both have the love of their lives with them everywhere -- For Taryn it was initially White Teddy and then Brown Teddy -- but they are both in attendance often. For Kate it is twin monkeys -- Teagan and Taylor. These friends are so well loved that most of their fur has been rubbed off. My mom was the one who got them these best friends when they were born. Therefore, Maeve will likely choose one of her new giraffe friends as the love of her life too, I suspect.

But, I received a gift in the mail today from my mom to Maeve that wasn't a giraffe. This photo reminds me of a scene in the movie, ET... Can you pick out the new friend?



I do want to point out that my mom did, in fact, make a purchase in the clothing family -- When we were in Australia she picked up the sweetest, softest pair of Ugg boots for Maeve. How awesome are these? I can't wait to see her sporting these in the winter months...

Thanks mom for all your love and support!!

No comments: