Monday, August 10, 2009

Buckled.

Yep. I totally buckled. I was bullied and coerced into signing up to run the Leavenworth Oktoberfest Half Marathon on October 3rd with Amy, Amber, and Katie. I was promised a beer and a hot dog after a 13 mile run -- oh, and a "free" hoodie sweatshirt. Apparently I'm that easy.

I am very concerned as to how my body will take to exercising again. What a concept. I'm starting to take on the physical characteristics of a pregnant person . Its not good -- I'm nesting in a bad way. So, I need to unpack a few more boxes and find those running shoes. Oh, the pain.... its gonna hurt bad.

Stay tuned for some serious whining in future posts.

1 comment:

karengberger said...

That should be a great girls' weekend in a beautiful spot. The running part wouldn't be my favorite. Is there a walk? =) But you will have a good reward...is the sausage and beer from Gustav's?