Sunday, July 26, 2009

While I wait....

Another week passed without a referral call... So, what does one do while you wait?



You get a visit from the very cool, CJ, and her super fun son, Pax. Pax checked out a few of "M's" stuffed giraffe's and rated them fun. Phew...



Attend a going away BBQ for Chelsea and Casey. (BTW... I have some very amazing friends -- I have to brag about Andrew who placed first in his division at the Coeur d'Alene Ironman 2009. Look for him at Kona.)




Hang out with some very awesome friends -- Jeff, Carin, and Ryan -- on Bainbridge.....



And enjoy a pre-happy hour boat ride (well, except for the two adult passengers that started one on the boat...)



Attend an AGCI Annual Picnic and meet local families who have, or are in the process of adopting too. It was great to see all the families with their amazing, brave, and beautiful children. Going to the picnic also gave me the opportunity to harass my caseworker, Julie, about her absent phone call. I'm pretty sure she's scared now. I'm pretty sure she'll call me this week. Or, I'm pretty sure I have no idea still... but let's pretend ;-)



And, continue to paint (repaint in some instances), visit your now bff's at Lowes multiple times, organize, return custom-made pink blinds that were supposed to be off-white, coerce your friends to help you mount a tv and shelves, eat Timothy's home-made pies twice in one week, skype with Rosanne and find out how awesome the U2 concert in Dublin was (I can't wait for Vancouver!!!), and try to remain cool in the Seattle heat wave..... among other things.

So, here's to another week.... I think its going to be a good one.

2 comments:

M.K.A.W. said...

Hope you get that call soon!

Eastiopians said...

Oh, this is going to be a good week! I just know it! I have been super busy too...it helps but I am READY! :)

Theresa