Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A phone call from my caseworker....

So, an update.  I talked to my caseworker, Julie, today for our monthly check-in.  She was nice enough to email me in advance to warn me that she would be calling me today, but only for an update and not a referral.  Obviously, at this point, anytime my phone rings I wonder if its "the call"... and I would've likely freaked out seeing my agency's phone number on my caller ID... wondering.  Anyway...  no referral today... but still, any day could be the day.

I did get the opportunity to ask Julie about referrals and when they can give them out.  Essentially children can come live at Hannah's Hope (the home in Ethiopia) at any time -- sometimes even before they're officially ready to be adopted out (meaning -- their documentation is not quite in order yet deeming them orphans) .  Our agency works with a few governmental orphanages and accept children when space is available at Hannah's Hope.  I am quite certain that my little girl is already cozy in her crib there.  Amber, who just got back from picking up her baby boy, Levi, made this comment to me when she returned: "I hope you get your call soon.  When we were at Hannah's Hope 6 new babies arrived.  I didn't see whether they were girls or boys."  You've gotta think that at least one of those babes is a girl...  time will tell.

Oh... and there is a rumor that the Ethiopian courts may not close this year.  I have heard this for awhile but have paid no attention to it, really -- I didn't believe it.  But, it would appear that if they do close, they aren't closing for as long.  They are still making court dates through mid-August at this point... so there is a possibility of me squeezing through much earlier than I thought... a possibility anyway.  Wild and crazy.  Better keep painting and get this place ready for a family of two....

I made sure Julie had all my various phone numbers so that she could call me wherever I might be.

5 comments:

neely said...

so exciting...can't wait for the big moment!!

haze said...

Your cw was VERY kind to email you first. I'm guessing your girl is at Hannah's Hope. How exciting!!

About the court closures - where did you hear that? (I haven't been on the Yahoo site today). Mid August you say? Also very exciting!!

Anonymous said...

O.M.G.!!
I am freaking out.

M.K.A.W. said...

Curious about the court dates being issued in mid-August. Do you know of confirmed court dates then? We are hearing so many conflicting things about if the courts will close, if they will extend, etc.

Andrew and Amber said...

I totally fell for you title thinking today was the day! I am so excited. Can't wait to hear about her.