Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Painting has begun...

So, what am I doing while I wait for my phone to ring from my caseworker?  Apparently a little retail therapy in the form of heading to the local Lowes to buy paint and custom blinds.  It would appear that I should stick to buying ridiculously expensive jeans instead; home improvement retail therapy is much more expensive...  ha.

I am on a mission.  I'm in the middle of a paint craze -- once I begin on a project, I can't stop.   Amy kindly came over a couple of days ago armed with her color wheel to help me decide on my new color theme.  I painted for about 11 hours straight yesterday.  I only had to make one repeat trip to Lowes for a misjudgment on how much paint my itty-bitty bathroom would require... but other than that, I carried on.  I managed to complete the main room ceiling, and get the first coat on the bathroom and desk area.  I also spackled and primed the lower staircase -- erasing all evidence of the "couch incident".  The music pumped and a combination of Kings of Leon, U2, Van Morrison, Train, and Yonder Mountain kept the inspiration strong...

I feel like I'm 80 years old this morning... My neck and back, in particular, did not enjoy painting the ceiling.  I have popped the ibuprofen, am having my coffee, and gearing myself up for another stellar day holding a paint brush.   


A spackled staircase


I did not enjoy painting the ceiling...




4 comments:

karengberger said...

Your home looks like a cheerful, spacious, light-filled, fun place to be. What a wonderful place for you and "M" to begin your life together.
The doll is beautiful; how sweet of them to have that special gift waiting for her.

P.S. I agree 100% on painting things that are over one's head (it's been years since I attempted that, and there is a REASON)! I hope the ibuprofen does the trick.

Eastiopians said...

I feel for you! Ugh...painting. The ceiling...bleck. Did Julie call you today? I got a call, but not the call. I about died. Well, I was actually calm but had some inner imbalance as I waited to hear what she would say. Oh, I hope we hear about our girls soon!

haze said...

Fantastic - you must be very proud of your work.

This reminds me of my Christmas '08 painting extravaganza. I felt like an old woman afterward, too - and that was without painting ceilings (thank goodness!). I hope you post pics of your finished work.

M.K.A.W. said...

Congrats on your new home!
Thanks for the info too.