Thursday, July 16, 2009

No Referral Yet...

I am nowhere close to a morning person.... but, ever since I learned that I was #1 on the waitlist, I have slightly more spunk getting out of bed in the morning, wondering if the day will bring the call that I've been daydreaming about since I mailed my application in last September. I am so excited and curious as to who my little girl will be and what her story is. I do have a lot of peace during this time though, and my anxiousness hasn't taken over, thankfully.... I'm enjoying this phase actually. I love the anticipation -- My life is about to be altered in ways I cannot even fathom. I know that my relationship with my daughter will absolutely amaze me. And, I am in awe at my friends and family by how supportive, excited, and anxious they are too. We're all going through this together in our own way. I love it. So, I will patiently await Julie's phone call... in the meantime, I stay busy.

It is helpful that I have the personality that cannot relax until everything is settled -- I am, without a doubt, determined. Perhaps this is not always a good trait, but it is distracting. I continue to paint, organize, and decorate my place. I love knowing I'm doing this for us. It is a good thing that I get a bit more energy in the morning with the wonder of it all because I've been staying up way too late on work nights chipping away.... wonder and caffeine-- its a good combination.

4 comments:

Eastiopians said...

Wonder and caffeine are so wonderful! I love this post. Very well said. Even though I pout every evening when I do not get the call, I am so thankful for each day that I do get to wait for that call, because it is such an exciting time. Good perspective my friend.

Theresa

haze said...

Good for you - it wont' be long now. I am so excited to read about your good news.

Andrew and Amber said...

Another week gone by. Hoping next week is your week. Would love to have you can come and meet Levi some time.

M.K.A.W. said...

Hope you hear some exciting news this week!