Sunday, July 12, 2009

7th Annual Camping Trip....

This past week I took two of my nieces -- Taryn and Kate, on our 7th Annual Camping Trip (Unfortunately, due to geographical difficulties (Australia), Emma and Josh have been unable to participate in this annual tradition). My brother and sister-in-law have it down -- they send out the kids every summer for 2-3 weeks to make the circuit and get spoiled by all their relatives. I'm just thankful that I always seem to get the start of their trip before the excess of sugar, spoiling, and sleeplessness takes hold!

I cannot believe it has been 7 years... it started when Taryn was 3 years old. That was my rule -- you must be 3 to participate. Therefore, Kate has technically only been on 5 camping trips... but, who's counting. Every year, except this one sadly, Taryn and Kate's cousin, Erika, has joined us... This is a super fun tradition that I have loved doing with the kids. The formula seems to work every year -- pitch a tent, have a playground nearby, roast a hot dog, and make s'mores... a winning combination every time.

I am overcome by how quickly the girls are growing up -- but camping is significantly easier every year because of this!  The kids were essentially babies when we started this thing. I decided to pull out some of the previous year's photos and walk down memory lane. I'm so thankful to have such a fun tradition with the kids... It is something I know we all look forward to every summer.

1st Annual - starting in 2003 





2nd Annual 




3rd Annual






4th Annual






5th Annual






6th Annual





7th Annual






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo adorable. Those pics almost make me want to go camping. You are such a fun aunt. Can't wait to see your beautiful girl in the mix...

Lv, CT

Eastiopians said...

Lovely!!! What a cool tradition! I loved seeing all of the pics in sequence. :)


Theresa

haze said...

What a great tradition. I love the pictures showing the girls growing up.