Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Plethera of Things...

This posting is rather random in the lack of theme... but, oh well.

First off... Happy Mother's Day -- you are the best!!! My sister and I are kinda postponing our celebration of mom for another week because we will all be together in Australia then... but you can't be praised too many times right? And, really, it just give me an opportunity to search my photo files to put a sweet shot of my mom for all to see....

Oh my gosh... this may be my favorite photo that I've ever taken...
Serious card sharks not to be messed with.......
I love you Mom! ha. Happy Mother's Day again....

Second. Thank you Auntie Chelsea!! Chelsea is like my number one supporter in life -- my own personal cheerleader. She was pivotal in many serious discussions early on about adopting. She helped me get ready to actually jump in with both feet and do it -- and not just dream about it. Although, we of course, don't know how old or how big my baby is going to be... but that fact hasn't stopped Chelsea from buying her clothes. I now have a selection of all sizes of super cute baby girl clothes and a couple of blankets -- seriously, these are all from Chels. On Friday, Chelsea actually gave me a "congratulations on your new home" gift, but gave me baby clothes instead, because "its way more fun to shop for a baby than it is for your house!" Hey, I love it. Thank you, Thank you, Auntie Chelsea.... you are beyond generous.


Third. On Friday night, Amy and I attended the 2nd annual Gloria's Angel's Dinner and Auction. Gloria was an amazing little girl that I feel so lucky to have known. She was very inspiring and wise beyond her years, and at the same time, she had some pretty sweet dance moves and had a healthy amount of sass, which I loved. Unfortunately Gloria was diagnosed with cancer (Neuroblastoma) when she was seven and fought hard for four years before cancer won. Her parents have now established Gloria's Angels in her honor to help other families needing support while they go through their own crisis due to medical illness. Check it out. They are doing amazing things.


Fourth. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are in full swing and there is some pretty great hockey currently... But, I would prefer if the Vancouver Canucks were leading their series. Game six on Monday...... good vibes please.


Last. I love people watching... I walked downtown yesterday and was thoroughly entertained for over an hour just watching the haps. People fascinate me.

That is all. Happy Sunday.

1 comment:

gayle said...

Oh Shauna...you are so brave to post that pic of your Mom and your Uncle Rob! And, you will be with her in the down under! Sometimes I wonder if you will ever learn...oh well.
I still love you anyway!
Aunt Gayle