Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weather Update and a Bike Ride...

Well... the snow went away and Seattle is now enjoying sunshine and significantly warmer weather than we've seen in a long time. I had my chair out on the deck yesterday with a cold drink in one hand and a book in the other. Ahhh... I'm getting freakin' old because I'm fixated on the weather right now. But, you just don't understand if you're not from the Pacific Northwest... we are desperately lacking Vitamin D and I guarantee you that with the sun shining this weekend all convertible cars will be tops down and a ridiculous number of pasty white legs will be on display due to perceived shorts weather. Now the temperatures are predicted to be only in the 40-50's today... but tomorrow it is going to be in the 60's. Okay. Yep. I'm totally old. I don't care.

Today I am dusting off my roadbike and am just going to go for it. My friend, Andrew, and I are going to ride to the Red Hook Brewery for lunch in Woodinville... its like a little carrot in front of you. The sad part is that you have to ride back... without any carrot. This will be the first 'training' ride for the STP (Seattle to Portland) and I'm not certain that the length of this ride is a good idea... the bike seat isn't very forgiving, if you know what I mean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your brother from Winnipeg says "Stop Gloating about the weather there!" ;-)

haze said...

Good luck on the ride. My butt hurts with the thought of it, but then I haven't ridden in years..