Monday, April 6, 2009

Roadtrip to Yakima this time...


I-600A application hand submitted to the lovely government agent at the desk -- check. Fingerprinted by the equally nice man -- check check. What does this mean for you non-adopting peeps out there? It means I am asking the government to send me a very expensive piece of paper acknowledging my eligibility to adopt a child.

So, to be fingerprinted, you are essentially supposed to make your fingers go completely slack and allow the agent to do all the work of pressing and rolling. Things were going really well. I was priding myself on being really relaxed (I was even complimented on it, thank you very much)... but as the process was moving along, the nice man had to repeat a few fingers because my fingers started to get sweaty... I try not to be too analytical about the reasons behind this but I can't help but wonder if I've repressed some criminal past that I'm unconsciously afraid will be revealed through my fingerprints.... hmm.. I guess we'll see. ha.

All in all it was a lovely drive. I spent approximately 4.5 hours in the car to and from Yakima and only 15 mins total in Yakima itself. I, of course, had treated myself to my "roadtrip Starbucks" enroute. That plan seemed great until I realized that I had spilled a ridiculous amount of my Americano down the front of my white sweatshirt that I was wearing today -- and didn't realize it until I was in the government building. Awesome. That's one way to make a good, and responsible impression). I got home to enjoy the rest of the day... even managed a run around Green Lake, which is always a treat because it is fantastic people watching. I saw a man "walking" his bird in a mesh-lined backpack today.... why? we don't ask these type of questions...

1 comment:

karengberger said...

I had to get fingerprinted when I worked in banking, and even with a clear conscience, I still think it's nerve-wracking. Kind of the way I imagine taking a lie-detector test would be, even being a truthful person! So glad that you are one step closer to your baby!