Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Moving Quickly....

Well... I have reported it on Facebook. I have sent out a couple of emails. I may as well spill the beans here too -- Unofficially I have moved into the single digits on the waiting list. Because of known referrals of families ahead of me on the list, it would seem that I am now #9. Wow. Crazy. Panic?

Everyone is chattering about how slow the waiting list is going for girls (the boys is ridiculously fast... they are estimating only a month wait for referrals right now...) but, I disagree. I was planning on a 6-8 month referral wait time and have slowly been going about my life... because there was going to be plenty of time to get ready, right? But, I have moved from #26 on February 20th to #9 currently. Now, it is still hard to predict the timing of everything -- things can slow down or speed up... it is just the way it goes.

So, now I have to figure out how to get my contact information to my caseworker when I'm in the middle of the outback next month and also find a new home to live in. Don't tell Ethiopia that I may be homeless... best they don't know that probably.

Anyway, that's the update. I should get a call from my caseworker this week telling me my new official number... Oh, and, Whaooo Hooooo!!!!

4 comments:

Andrew and Amber said...

What! Crazy crazy crazy! I am very happy for you. When are some good days for us to go to Ethiopian lunch/dinner together?

Eastiopians said...

There is a super cute house for sale about 5 houses to my right. I think you should consider moving to TN, and then our girls could go from playing at HH to playing in their backyards together. :)

GO SINGLE DIGIT!!!!

M.K.A.W. said...

We can't believe how quickly you are moving up the list! Congrats!

haze said...

Yay for single digits! I hope you move up to #1 really fast.