Monday, April 20, 2009

Flip flops AND Bbq's!!


Its official. Spring has come and not only do I try and wear my flip flops as often as possible, but BBQ season was officially kicked off at Amy and Brent's last night. Oh, it just makes me so happy. The weekend was full of fun... it started with Avery and I hanging out all day together on Friday while Amber and Chris worked. She is sassy, loud, and so darn cute. Amy and I arranged a lunch date for Avery and Bennett, but Bennett slept through the whole thing and Avery was only interested in her teething toy. Oh well. Next time I'm sure the sparks will fly.


Saturday involved some wine tasting in the afternoon to support Amber and Andrew -- an adoption fundraising event they organized -- they are also adopting from Ethiopia through the same agency as me and have been referred the most precious little baby boy -- Levi. Oh, and their new wine store is awesome.

On Saturday night, Leann and I took in Yonder Mountain String Band at the Showbox. It was an awesome concert and super fun... I highly recommend checking them out if they come near you.



Sunday started off way too early, in my opinion, but I did manage to drag my butt out of bed to participate in the "Daffodil Classic" 40 mile bike ride... the ride was beautiful as it followed country roads and generally had nice rolling hills... there were a couple of not so nice hills though! There was the requisite nap in the afternoon and then, as I mentioned, a sweet BBQ to end off the day. Yay for fun and friends.

No comments: