Sunday, March 29, 2009

Waiting... Just Waiting...

So, miracle of miracles, I got an offer on my condo. I am not one to get overly excited before things are finalized, but I can't help allowing my mind to wander and consider the possibilities... But, now I still wait to see if my potential "buyer" accepts or counters my own counter offer. Everyone -- Fingers crossed.

During this process I have daydreamed about living in the perfect little bungalow with a yard -- I even went searching. I found my "perfect" house. It was going to be so great. I showed everyone that I knew the listing online... and even told them it was MY house... I was simply awaiting my current condo to sell.

And then, sad news.... about a week ago the status of MY house changed from "active" to "pending inspection". Oh no! How could it be? I had already visualized my furniture within those walls. I had told everyone about it... But, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Horror of horrors... I just found out yesterday that MY house, the one that I had dreamt about, had talked about so often, was, in fact, sold to a friend of mine from work! Can you even fathom it?! I can't believe she had the nerve to buy MY house! Just so you know... I totally laid into her yesterday... I totally think guilt is a great emotion as long as I'm not the one experiencing it! I'm pretty sure she'll recover -- pretty sure anyway.

1 comment:

haze said...

How DARE your co-worker. And how CRUEL!

I guess a BETTER house is waiting for you, and then you can tell your co-worker "SO THERE!!"

Good luck with your condo sale. I LOVE the real estate game.