Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Father's Day?!



Well... it may be about 9 months late, or perhaps 3 months early, but my Dad and I celebrated Father's Day on Saturday. A tradition has started that I take my Dad to a Canucks game to celebrate him... It was a great game -- the Canucks continued on their winning streak and beat out the number one ranked Sharks in the Western Division. Go Canucks Go. Vancouver is such a hockey town and it is so fun to go to the games... And the more hitting the better, in my opinion.

And, true to form, when I go visit Dad in the winter months I am brought up-to-date on what is going on in the curling world. Of course you know its Brier time right?! Competition is fierce... and I'm not going to lie, I was white-knuckled waiting to see if the rock would get on the button if the team had the hammer.

I also caught up with my friends, Ann and Mike, plus their kids Kaya and Zane. Ann and I went to a great french film -- The Class. Go see it. You'll respect anyone you know who is a teacher even more. It is great and stressful at the same time.

Sadly I took my car to the car dealership a week too soon... Woke up to snow in Vancouver today and on the drive home with all the spray on the roads, Stu Sven is officially dirty once again. Woe is me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't even understand the first part of your entry. It's like a different language. Canadian-ese perhaps? ;) But love seeing pictures of your Dad.

CT