Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving....

Geez... It feels like a lot of time has passed since the last post. I love American Thanksgiving. It is a great bonus holiday that I get to participate with friends and witness other people's family drama! There was none to be had this year, but I'm always eagerly awaiting for "Home for the Holiday's" in real life -- how awesome would that be?! Thank you Sue and Timothy for taking pity on me and inviting me over... it was awesome. I plan to look pathetic without a home to go to every year so that I keep getting invites. The more pumpkin pie the better.

Thanksgiving is an opportunity for me to take stock of my life and realize all the good and areas that I want to tweak. There really is an amazing amount of good in my life... I am surrounded by the most amazing of friends, family, and community. I feel so lucky to have people love me for who I am and have such giving spirits. There is a certain amount of control I have over my life and the direction it takes, but there is equally a lack of it that I must surrender and just be okay with... I guess. I will continue to strive and live the best that I can and make the most of the opportunities I have been given.... and let those in my life know how much I care about them -- I need to do better at that.

On Friday I was able to go and celebrate Ryan's first birthday -- a very special little boy. Ryan, I love your family so dearly and I'm so glad that you are here to give your parents a reason to smile each day. And I'm so glad that your brother was able to pick out your first birthday cake, one that he thought you'd love -- and you did. Thank you Ryan for just being your sweet lil' self.

I made another trek up to Vancouver over the weekend to catch up with the "high school girls". We try and get together once a year to catch up on each others lives... I hadn't been able to make the last dinner, so it was so great to see everyone.

As far as where I'm at with the adoption -- on Saturday morning my social worker came up to my place to scope it out and start working on the Homestudy report. I will have to drive down and meet up with her for several hours in the near future to so that she can ask me any and all questions relating to my upbringing and how I plan on raising my daughter. She didn't think this would all get completed until after Christmas, but at least we're moving forward.

1 comment:

nell ann said...

congrats on moving forward with your homestudy! it felt like such big deal to us and when it's over you will be so relieved -- and that much closer!