Thursday, December 18, 2008

Procrastination wins...

Why do I make things harder on myself? Despite the previous post, Seattle did, in fact, receive a decent amount of snow overnight to wreak havoc on the roads here -- especially when you live on top of a big hill. I quite enjoy the snow. And I generally do like to drive in snow. Stuart Sven, or Stu, as my car is named, has a good record of getting practically anywhere when the studded snow tires are on (except for that time that I high-centered him on a well-intentioned snow-shoeing trip... but we won't talk about that). So... did I pay any attention to the snow warnings we repeatedly received this week? Not really... I mean, I sat on my couch and thought that it may be time to dig out the tires and put them on. And, I was off of work for almost a week and had nothing but time to accomplish this task. But my lazy gene won out and I continued to sit on my couch, stare out the window, and contemplate life instead. So, I strategically managed to get home from work and found myself putting on my snow tires tonight, after the fact, and after working all day. Procrastination can be central in my life -- and apparent tonight. Oh well. Now I'm enjoying a glass of wine for my efforts.

I did find out that Stu is somewhat like Mary Poppin's purse however... I am the person to be with in case of an emergency perhaps. As I was digging out my jack, I discovered all sorts of things in the hatch that I didn't realize were hiding out -- for starters, I could've walked home from work, if I wanted, with my snowshoes, and then I came across my ski boots, ski helmet, lantern, hiking poles, inflatable pool mattress, thermarest, aerobed, blanket, yoga mat, first aid kit, emergency kit, 2 camping chairs, a book, and a box of thai food from Trader Joes. My condo is nice and clean and organized because I am selling it -- my car has taken a hit as a result.

2 comments:

The Hoke Family said...

Wow, and I thought my Suburban was complete with juice boxes & random Goldfish crackers... YOU, my dear, are who I will go to for survival! ;o)

And by the way, I think we both inherited that same gene...

Rosanne and Brian Carter said...

I know whose car I wanna be in next time we're snowbound!! How's the selling market these days...have you found anything you're interested in?