Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Homestudy Finally...

Yay! Canada pulled through and provided my background clearance check. Phew... I was concerned that my unruly years would be represented on that little piece of paper! ha ha.. Anyway, what this means is that I can finally move forward onto the Homestudy. Unfortunately, because we're heading into the holiday season, my social worker didn't think that all parts could be completed until after Christmas... but at least some parts are getting done. I will have my home inspection meeting this Saturday morning -- so that's a start.

Other news regarding single mother adoption -- it looks at this point, unless things change in the Ethiopian regulations, that I will be permitted to adopt from Ethiopia. The government is going to allow ten single mother adoptions per agency per year.... and I will be one of those ten. Thank goodness.

No other exciting news or pictures to post as I've mostly been working this last week... but Happy Thanksgiving to everyone tomorrow!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Shauna-

I am so happy that you made the cut off for the single mom adoption. YEAH! Single moms unite :)

I am thinking of you--

Happy Thanksgiving.

Cathy said...

phew! at least they don't still have that 1 felony on record. wait -- can canadians even get felonies? anyway... this is great news. super grateful that you're one step closer to bringing little miss home to all of us. cj