Friday, November 21, 2008

Changes??

Well, there are rumors and speculation swirling around the adoption world that Ethiopia is, or may be, changing their laws regarding single mother adoptions. Meaning -- they may be restricting or banning future adoptions. I spoke with my case manager yesterday who informed me of this potential change... but she felt hopeful that I may not be affected. Apparently there is a possibility that Ethiopia may allow up to ten single mother adoptions a year per agency... and someone, somewhere in Ethiopia asked my agency for the names of single women currently in the process... therefore, there is a potential light at the end of the tunnel for me. I am choosing not to fret or worry -- there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. If for some reason it is not meant to be... I will cross that bridge when it comes. So... I will remain hopeful, but sad for what this may mean for orphaned Ethiopian children who are missing out on some amazing mom's.

3 comments:

Super Mom said...

Amen to that sister! This is very hard to hear, but God can move mountains. I'm so glad you are following your heart to Ethiopia.
Erin

Sunday said...

Shauna,

I'm right there with you too! I have the 3 of us (I haven't heard of any others through our agency...except Melissa who has already passed court) wrapped up in prayer. As Erin said, God can move mountains. Which is so coincidental (or not)that she said this, because I just posted these same words on my own blog last night. Stay strong and take it to the Lord...who CAN move mountains!

--Sunday

Malia'sMama said...

Hi- popped in through another blog. I am seeing these rumours all over the boards, too, but am assured by my agency director (who is in daily contact with Ethiopian staff and JUST returned from there and speaking with reps at MOWA) that nothing has changed. I am in Ontario, Canada, so maybe that makes a difference, but I hope it is the reality for so many waiting moms. I have one baby girl who came into my arms forever at 4 months 6 days of age, (and is now 2, and my world! :) and am 3 1/2 months into the wait for a referral for Little Sista.
I hope you will soon be holding your little one!