Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm Overwhelmed.....

by generosity! I am feeling all gushy today so I may as well let everyone know! I just feel so blessed by the people in my life. I was telling my friend tonight that I know, without a doubt, that I am doing what I'm supposed to be doing -- adopting my baby girl. I feel God clearly saying "Yes". Initially, I had a couple of panicky days early on wondering how I was going to do this... but all those doubts have been erased and I feel a huge sense of peace about it now. Huge burdens have been lifted by friends and family through their gifts, support, and enthusiasm. I really embrace the philosophy, "it takes a village", and I cannot think of better people to have surrounding and embracing my future daughter.



This is the first gift I received -- from Sue at work. Isn't it absolutely gorgeous! I cannot believe that people can actually do this... I am blown away! I love it Sue... thanks!

I have spent two straight days pretty much working through the paperwork and online courses. I have made strides... I can see the dent. Yay! Now I have to start hounding other people to write letters, fill out forms etc.. I wonder what I can bribe them with?!?

4 comments:

Our journey said...

Little by little you will finish it! I love seeing how God supports us on this journey through His people!

Anonymous said...

Wine is always good. ;)
Love you.
CT

Our journey said...

I loved following other's journeys when I was just starting out and I still do. There is so much support among people who are going through or have gone through exactly what you are and so much to learn from one another's experiences.

Michelle Riggs said...

Just take the paperwork step at a time and you will be done before you know it.

Are you on AGCI's listserve?

Praying that you are "paper ready" soon.