Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Great Great Friends....

Again, I am just blown away by the generosity of the people in my life. Tonight was such a great night... I am so lucky to work at a place where many of my co-workers also have become my greatest friends. They wanted to take me out to my favorite Ethiopian restaurant to celebrate my plans to adopt -- that was going to be fantastic enough. But in addition to hanging out with my cool peeps, they showed up bearing gifts! I have beautiful flowers to stare at (a rarity in my life sadly!), a 2L of diet coke (do they know me or do they know me?!), and I am now the proud owner of a great new stroller! How awesome are my friends?! I have said this before -- I knew that having a baby was going to be a fantastic experience and one that my friends and family would embrace along side of me... but I never expected to feel so loved and supported during the process of adoption. I don't know why I'm shocked by this because the people I surround myself with are amazingly cool and generous. Its just an overwhelming feeling and one that I'm grateful for.

Whaoo hooo... Today I sent off all the paperwork that I could to my agency. I am waiting on just a couple of things before they can schedule my homestudy. But it does feel good to have it off in the mail so I no longer stare at it.....

3 comments:

Cathy said...

wow! how incredibly cool.

Our journey said...

I love the Diet Coke in the stroller! You gotta protect what's important. Congrats on sending some stuff off. It is nice to whittle away at that stack of paperwork.

Amy

Kimmie said...

What thoughtful supporting friends...you are a blessed girl. Enjoy your journey!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted